Steel and Pipes for Africa, based in Cape town, forms part of one of the branches of a national organisation consisting of 18 branches. The group as a whole was founded in 1993. The Cape Town branch was established in 2001 at a small site in Parow. They now have a ten thousand m2 site in Epping. Steel and Pipes for Africa or SPFA, is one of the top steel product suppliers and distributors in South Africa.
The Concept of SPFA was to create a hassle-free and centralised steel product purchasing experience. SPFA’s product range is comprehensive and flexible, and used by DIY enthusiasts, contractors, semi government departments and even some of the largest engineering projects in South Africa.
Some of the steel products that Steel and Pipes for Africa supply are listed and discussed below.
1. Construction: Lip channels are used in roofing; tubes are for structural support and the re-enforcing bar is used in decking.
2. Farming: Galvanised tubes are used in hydroponic grows and green houses.
3. Security: Tubes are used in sliding pedestrian gates; solid bars are used for burglars’ bars and steel tubing is used for fencing.
4. Signage: Steel tubing is used to manufacture frames and posts.
5. Materials Handling: Steel tubing is used in manufacturing equipment, such as conveyor belts and trolleys, frames and cages.
6. Fencing: Steel tubing is used for posts and panels, as well as palisade pales for added protection, to prevent intruders from climbing the fence.
7. Agriculture: Round and square tubing is used in farming implementations, such as water transportation facilities.
8. Sheetmetal: Galvanised and hot rolled sheets are used in air conditioning, ventilation, as well as ducting.
9. Drilling: Steel and pipe casings are used for drilling boreholes and are used by drilling contractors.
10. Furniture: Steel tubing is used to manufacture beds, couches and chairs.
Outside of petrochemical pipelines, fencing is one of the largest consumers of steel in the world. SPFA know that and they have been manufacturing and supplying high quality palisade fencing systems for a long time. This product has been adopted by countless industries, such as residential homes, schools, community sports fields and wine farms.
This is because customers demand quality when it comes to safety and security. SPFA’s palisade fencing is rigid, sturdy and extremely durable. To find out more about SPFA and their high-quality products, visit their site at https://www.spfa.co.za.
About the Company:
Steel and Pipes Cape Town was established in 2001. They now supply high-quality steel products, such as palisade fencing, steel tubes, flat bars and round and square bars to the steel community in the Western Cape. They are a division of the group Steel and Pipes for Africa, who have 18 branches nationwide.
30 Hewett Ave. Goodwood, Epping Industria
Cape Town, 7475, South Africa
Tel: 021 530 2500