7 Reasons to get a Management Degree
Not many decide on pursuing a Management Degree without any confusion. The dilemma on whether to choose a management degree or not will brush over you at least once before you settle into one.
Here are the seven most prominent reasons why you should get a Management Degree –
1) Basics of business: Any Management School would teach you the fundamentals of a business environment be it theoretically or practically. You could understand the fundamentals in a very short period. You will learn what a non - management degree holder does in a long span. The curriculum would be in such a way that you get the theoretical knowledge of what many experienced professionals gained in years.
2) Management Skills: Needless to Say, a management skill is the base of any business. You may already be good at management. But still, the process of acquiring a management degree exposes you to a practical business environment through group discussion, internships, exposure to real business. This helps in learning to manage people, work as a team and align them so that everyone could work together to achieve the goal.
3) Career Improvement: Many companies consider management degree as one of their primary criteria while hiring for a job. Also, for the ones who seek to go to higher job positions, a management degree would be fruit on the cake. It adds to your profile, whatever be your base specialization. The management skill can be implemented in your area of specification thus improving your career prospects.
4) Global Environment: Awareness about the global market and its culture is the key to any big business. A good business school would expose you to co-students or faculties who may be of different countries, cultures, and practices. This helps in learning the mindset and lifestyles of different people which is key to any business enthusiast. It also comes through the trips and internships in other countries.
5) Soft Skills: A good Business school will provide you an environment for group discussion, role-play programs, workshops, and so on which paves way to open up yourself and learn new skills.
Communication Skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving, criticism handling skills are needed to outshine in the real world.
6) Real Business Exposure: Pursuing a management degree helps you to see the practical business environment through internships, interactions with professionals, corporate meetings, industrial workshops. This gives you the practical knowledge on the real business even before you start to put it into action.
7) Crisis Management: The curriculum of any management degree course would be filled with case studies, which gives you hands-on experience in handling crises. Learning of crisis management beforehand is needed to face a crisis in a real-time business without stress. Though theoretical knowledge alone wouldn't be sufficient to handle a real-life business crisis, still, the knowledge gained through this would help you to sort out where to start and what to consider in those tough situations.
There are a lot more reasons for someone who would love to pursue a career in Business Management to take up a Management Degree. One other underrated reason would include understanding your inner self. The Management Study is one that focuses mainly on you and your inner ideas. This gives a lot of space to understand oneself deeply. It shows you to analyze and present yourself in a way that leads to the desired goal by focusing on your strengths, weaknesses, passions, and interests. Getting a management degree would add a lot more skills to you than you would have imagined.
The PGDM program at Lexicon Management Institute (Lexicon MILE) is regarded widely as one of the best business degrees. We give our students corporate exposure through our tie-up with the University of Southern Wales and this degree is tailor-made to train students to face the dynamic changes in the industry. We also give our students corporate exposure through internships. Read more about the importance of internship in management course. You can get information about how internship helps in all ways.
About Lexicon MILE:
The Lexicon Management Institute of Leadership & Excellence (Lexicon MILE) belongs to the rich legacy of Lexicon Group of Institutions, Pune established in the year 1999, well known and reputed in the education industry. More than 12,000 students are shaping their career under the illustrious Lexicon Group of Institutions.
Lexicon MILE, founded in the year 2009 and well known all over Pune as the Oxford of the East and its chain of Lexicon CBSE and Lexicon Kids Pre-Schools boasts of a legacy of quality and value driven education, rolled out to Punekars, over the years. Today Lexicon MILE has come a long way, in a short span of nine years, to be known as the most sought after B-School, in eastern Pune, equipped with a state of the art campus and a studio finish building with Air Conditioned and CCTV enabled facilities of Classrooms, Seminar Halls, Auditoriums, Library, Common Rooms etc.
Ranked 29th all over India by Times of India rankings of 2018 and as ranked as one of the Top 50 B-Schools in all prominent Business Surveys by Business Journals & Magazines like Business Standard, Business World etc., Lexicon MILE is a premier Management Institute known for its value-based academic excellence and world class management education, which nurtures young skills, abilities and perspectives, with defined pedagogies, resulting in the holistic development of an individual.
The Lexicon Management Institute for Leadership and Excellence has been actively engaged in creating and nurturing Management professionals who are not only the ‘Pride’ of Lexicon MILE, but also, the ‘Privilege’ of their parents and most importantly, a source of ‘Power’ to their companies.
Lexicon MILE is committed to serving our communities by recognizing the diversity of Indians. Students across the country from up North to down South, from East to West are enrolled with us, to meet their professional needs of an enriched corporate life. With a large base of Lexicon MILE alumni in the corporate today, spread across the globe, we encourage personal and professional development through value based education as a foundation for life-long learning. Lexicon MILE lives the culture of transparency and liberalism in all its initiatives. With a rich pool of faculty both from the Academics as well as Corporate worlds, first-class quality of students, superior systems and processes that blend Indian culture and contemporary practices / policies, Lexicon MILE is today consistently rated as one of the best B-Schools in the city of Pune.
MILE Tower, GATE No 726, Pune-Nagar Road, Wagholi,Pune, Maharashtra 412207
Contact No:+917276816262, +919146014950, +919717536537